Helsinki Festival is the largest arts festival in Finland, organised annually in late summer. The festival’s aim is to make art accessible for all. The programme line-up features classical and world music, theatre, dance, circus and visual arts as well as a range of urban events.
– In 2018, Helsinki Festival is organised on Aug 17th – Sept 2nd. The programme is published in April.
– The Night of the Arts is next arranged on August 23rd 2018.
– Helsinki Festival is one of the four main organizers of the Musica nova Helsinki new music festival.
– Helsinki Festival operates under the auspices of the Helsinki Week Foundation, established by the City of Helsinki.
– The executive body of the Helsinki Week foundation is its Board. Members of the Board are elected by the Helsinki City Board to serve a two-year term.
Helsinki Festival is honored with the EFFE Label 2017-2018.